Apprenticeship applicants, before being accepted as apprentices, must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the application form furnished by the Finishing Trades Institute of New England. Click to fill out and download the application.
- After completing the application, submit a hard copy to 25 Colgate Rd, Roslindale, MA 02131 in-person.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Copy of a valid driver’s license
- Be an American citizen or be lawfully permitted to work in the United States of America
- Produce a copy of their high school diploma, GED, or Job Corps Completion Certificate
- Be physically able to perform the work required of the trade
- Attend and successfully complete the apprentice information session
- Complete a favorable interview with an assigned DC 35 interviewer
- Pass a drug screening
We will be open for applications on the 1st business day of every month from 10 AM – 4 PM and continue to accept applications each day thereafter from 10 AM – 4 PM until we reach our quota.
The Finishing Trades Institute of New England accepts the first 25 completed apprentice applications per month starting the 1st business day of every month except November & December.
Each applicant who meets all minimum requirements will be evaluated for acceptance.
The Painters and Allied Trades Finishing Trades Institute of New England is an Equal Opportunity Training Program. We encourage individuals of all racial and ethnic backgrounds and all gender identities to apply.
The FTI of New England will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The FTI of New England will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.